The 11th edition of the Aesthetica Film Festival will run from 2-30 November 2021 in York, UK. We will deliver a new hybrid experience, with in-person events from 2-7 November and the On Demand digital platform running from 2-30 November to complement the festival’s live experience. The Industry programme will include masterclasses, panels, networking, pitching and an opportunity for you to get involved. Entries are open for the 2021 edition. You can submit to 12 genres as well as VR projects, 360 films and narrative and documentary features.
Selected films will screen in competition and be eligible for our coveted awards, including Best in Category, Best of Festival, Audience Choice and the Hijack Visionary Filmmaker Award. The festival is BAFTA-Qualifying for short films and £5000 of cash prizes are up for grabs.
Aesthetica is one of the UK’S leading film events, recognised by the BFI as a Festival of National Significance and being both BAFTA and BIFA-Qualifying for short film.
All films selected will screen in competition and will be eligible for our Best in Category Awards which are decided by a jury of industry experts.
In addition to the Best in Category awards, ASFF presents a number of special awards which offer project support, services as well as a combined total of £5000 in cash prizes.
Best in Category Awards:
- Best Advertising Film (Short)
- Best Animation Film (Short)
- Best Artists' Film (Short)
- Best Comedy Film (Short)
- Best Dance Film (Short)
- Best Documentary Film (Short)
- Best Drama Film (Short)
- Best Experimental Film (Short)
- Best Music Video (Short)
- Best Thriller Film (Short)
- Best VR, Immersive & 360 Project (Short)
- Best Narrative Feature Film
- Best Documentary Feature Film
- Youth Award – Presented to a Family Friendly film
- People’s Choice Award – all selected films eligible
- Hijack Visionary Filmmaker Award – all selected films eligible
- Best of Festival – all selected films eligible